Production Resource Group (PRG) is the world’s leading supplier of entertainment and event technology, production management and labor. PRG currently operates from over 40 Locations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. From our worldwide facilities we provide our state-of-the-art inventory of audio, video, lighting, rigging, scenery and automation equipment.
PRG serves a range of markets, including concert touring, corporate events, trade shows, special events, theater, television and film. Our company is uniquely qualified to provide the resources and services customers need at any and all sites, efficiently and cost effectively. We provide service to the specialized needs of each of our markets. We can provide a single discipline, such as lighting, audio or video, or we can bundle disciplines for an integrated solution that meets the needs of the entire project.
The Operations Manager has responsibility for ensuring the smooth operation of the various processes that contribute the technology rental and sales services and products provided by a PRG depot. The role of an operations manager is very wide and encompasses many operational areas, allowing other employees to focus on more specialized areas. The work involves overseeing the day-to-day operations of depot functions utilizing logistics and asset management, staffing management, facility management, budgetary adherence, and operational supervision to maximize the utilization of resources and the profitability of the company. The incumbent is allowed leeway in orchestrating multiple project plans and their execution. Operations Managers function in a variety of depots which house entertainment technology warehouses and shops in disciplines such as scenery, lighting, audio, and video or combinations of these and other disciplines.
* Ensures the smooth operation of the various processes that contribute to the rental and sales services and products provided by a PRG depot
* Has responsible charge of the gear assigned to the depot both permanently or temporarily. All service work, quality, inventory issues, asset transfers , intercompany and intercompany rentals are overseen by the Operations Manager
* Coordinates equipment, staff and logistical issues to accomplish multiple, complex projects and productions
* Reviews orders from the Account Executives, Project Managers, and similar sales and project personnel and coordinate pricing, availability and substitutions
* Resolves equipment and staff utilization conflicts and substitutions
* Manage the Depot facility and its infrastructure
* Works with subordinate staff to ensure the work flow is maintained, costs are under control to budget, thereby increasing throughput and quality
* Reviews and approves TEAM Purchase Requisitions (TPR’s)
* Reviews and approves Inventory Adjustments
* Oversees the annual physical inventory process
* Reviews shop operating costs and makes operational adjustments to maximize income
* Monitors and qualifies all costs of equipment maintenance
* Ensures that rental equipment and equipment systems are maintained to PRG and industry standards
* Performs cost/benefit and other financial analyses to determine appropriate courses of action
* Manages departmental staff according to business needs and established budgets
* Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in operations-related duties in the entertainment technology provided by the depot or sufficiently related work experience in operations management.
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.