Production Resource Group (PRG) is the world’s leading supplier of entertainment and event technology, production management and labor. PRG currently operates from over 40 Locations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. From our worldwide facilities we provide our state-of-the-art inventory of audio, video, lighting, rigging, scenery and automation equipment.
PRG serves a range of markets, including concert touring, corporate events, trade shows, special events, theater, television and film. Our company is uniquely qualified to provide the resources and services customers need at any and all sites, efficiently and cost effectively. We provide service to the specialized needs of each of our markets. We can provide a single discipline, such as lighting, audio or video, or we can bundle disciplines for an integrated solution that meets the needs of the entire project.
This weekend Shop Supervisor has responsibility for, but is not limited to, supervising all shop staff and maintaining the readiness of all depot rental equipment and the warehouse facility. This includes functions such as; the supervision and training and evaluation of the warehouse staff in receipt, inspection, maintenance/cleanliness of all equipment upon return from rentals, configuration of equipment for client rental and maintenance of the general warehouse facility. Additionally, this employee shall be responsible for the repair and refurbishment of all PRG equipment.
* Provide hands on direction, guidance, training and supervision on the shop floor to subordinate employees.
* Oversee dispatch/logistics functions to ensure efficient operation of the department.
* Oversee proper execution of the Purchase Order process for all shop supplies, equipment repairs, sub-rental and freight purchases as needed.
* Prepare work schedule for assigned employees.
* Supervise and coordinate all activities related to outbound and inbound orders and the check-in and repair of resources in the shop.
* Provide timely support to show site regarding last minute corrections, additions and replacements.
* Ensure that all company paperwork is completed timely, accurately and in accordance with Company requirements. Some examples include, but are not limited to, order forms, pick tickets, delivery/return rental agreements, shipping documents, vendor packing lists/invoices and all other operation forms.
* Identify and implement procedural changes that improve the department's overall performance.
* Confer with management to discuss operational challenges, issues and opportunities.
* Supervise the individual department heads in maintaining the Company’s equipment manuals in order to provide technical specifications to clients and employees, as required.
* Participate in hiring, promotion, transfer and discharge process This includes, but is not limited to: direct employee training and cross-training of new, existing employees and interns, Prepare and conduct coaching and counseling sessions and disciplinary discussions and/or letters in conjunction with the Office Manager.
* Participate in the annual evaluation of subordinate employees in conjunction with the Office Manager.
* Educate, comply and enforce all Safety procedures.
*Can work Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday schedule.
*Minimum 3 or more years work experience with lighting rental industry required. Previous experience as Shop Foreman or Crew Chief helpful.
*Minimum High school diploma. Two years of work experience may be substituted for the High School Diploma.
*Supervisory experience required.
*Working knowledge of lighting, A/V equipment.
*Working knowledge of inventory data system.
*MS Office with Excel skills.
*High level of administrative and documentation skills.
*Experience in project coordination and task management.
*Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with extreme timely communication ability.
*Clear verbal communication. Fluency in English required. Spanish language skills are a plus.
*Strong, calm and polite customer service with ability to assume a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
*Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-deadline work environment.
*Ability to interact with co-workers from all levels of the organization in a variety of situations.
*Strong work ethic, high standards for work product, honesty and integrity.
*Maintain a calm demeanor in a stressful environment with ability to adapt positively to changes in the work setting with ease.
*Ability to lift 60 lbs.
*Excellent attendance track record.
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.