Production Resource Group (PRG) is the world’s leading supplier of entertainment and event technology, production management and labor. PRG currently operates from over 40 Locations in North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. From our worldwide facilities we provide our state-of-the-art inventory of audio, video, lighting, rigging, scenery and automation equipment.
PRG serves a range of markets, including concert touring, corporate events, trade shows, special events, theater, television and film. Our company is uniquely qualified to provide the resources and services customers need at any and all sites, efficiently and cost effectively. We provide service to the specialized needs of each of our markets. We can provide a single discipline, such as lighting, audio or video, or we can bundle disciplines for an integrated solution that meets the needs of the entire project.
An employee in this title has responsibility for servicing and maintaining moving lights fixtures and equipment using company procedures, standards and guidelines. The responsibilities include inspecting, examining, repairing, trouble-shooting in-coming equipment and preparing out-going equipment, assisting in loading and unloading of trucks and supporting the Moving Lights Department Lead, Tech Services Manager and Operations Team with other duties as requested.
The work involves the use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and talk or hear. S/he must be able to lift equipment from floor height to over-head while loading/unloading trucks or preparing gear for events.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include very close vision, distance vision and excellent depth perception.
• Specific skill abilities required by this job include: Soldering, Electrical/Electronic Diagnostics and use of a Multi-Meter.
• Proficient knowledge of DMX control (wired and wireless), Virtuoso Lite Tech Console (shop testing device)
• Ability to communicate (phone and email) with internal customers and technical support contacts at manufactures
• Ability to use PRG-IPB database (service manual database for all manufacturers PRG supports)
It is the policy of PRG to provide excellent customer service both internally and externally. Employees are expected to perform all of their duties and responsibilities in accordance with this policy at all times. Does related work as required.
• Receive, inspect, test, repair and maintain PRG Lighting fixtures and equipment using set company procedures and guidelines.
• General repair and maintenance of the equipment, including providing technical support to internal customers as needed.
• Perform technical diagnosis and identify fixtures requiring further repair.
• Prepare/prep equipment for orders and facilitate equipment back to rental inventory.
• Check in/check out orders including scanning equipment barcodes and entering quantity count data in TEAM.
• Complete the preparation of equipment in assigned area of responsibility in the specified time frame and order set by the Department Lead.
• Ensure the quality of all equipment prepared in assigned area of responsibility meets or exceeds standards of performance defined by company guidelines.
• Ensure the accuracy of all equipment checked out in assigned area of responsibility.
• Submit neat and orderly records of all equipment prepared in assigned area of responsibility.
• Load and unload trucks using set company safety procedures and guidelines.
• Work in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Department Lead or Operations Managers
• Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
• Report to work at assigned time.
May use computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word
processing, calendar, e-mail and database software and proprietary PRG software in performing work assignments;
May perform other incidental tasks, as needed.
• Minimum 2 year work experience with moving lights with working knowledge of and proficiency in Vari*Lite; Martin; Robe; Aryton and Clay Paky
• Demonstrated technical/electronics training and/or experience
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills; must have experience in a very busy work environment to be able to keep up with changes to orders.
• Clear verbal and written communication. Fluency in English required.
• Experience with soldering and electrical/electronic diagnostics.
• Knows how to use Multi-Meter.
• Knows how to use basic hand tools (hand drill, screw driver, wrenches etc.).
• Experience in lighting rental shop and entertainment industry helpful.
• Excellent attendance track record.
• High School diploma required.
Knowledge: Computer (Outlook, email, TEAM or any inventory system), basic electrical safety
Skills: Organized, problem solving, meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to take directions and assume a high level of responsibility and autonomy;
• Ability to interact with co-workers from all levels of the organization in a variety of situations;
• Ability to provide calm and polite customer service;
• Maintain a calm demeanor in a stressful environment with ability to adapt positively to changes in the work setting with ease
• Ability to lift 50-100 lbs.
• Spanish language skills are a plus.
Characteristics: Customer Service orientation; Tact; Professionalism; Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.